Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Disneyland

Nicholas, Zachary and I spent the day at Disneyland. Even though it wasn't his official birthday, he still got the birthday button. The cast members at Disney are so good at paying attention to those buttons, and Nicholas loved being told Happy Birthday all day. I think it made up for the dentist and hair cut on his actual day! It is a tradition for me to spend the day at the park with the birthday boy (Katie's turn will come in a few years) but since it was spring break, I brought both boys with me. Nicholas got to chose all the rides and be the star of the day. And now he gets to come in July when it's Zach's birthday.
It was a great day - not too crowded, not too hot. We went on every ride we wanted to with minimal wait time, and may of them twice. I love roller coasters and Disneyland, so this is a treat that I look forward to as well. We even got Zachary to try Tower of Terror and he loved it! So much in fact, we went on it three times. Now that's progress.
Here are the boys in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle


Mom and her birthday boy after riding Space Mountain:

And in front of the pretty purple (my favorite color) flowers at California Adventure:

Nicholas and Wall-E, one of his favorite movies of last year:

They are building a new attraction at Californial Adventure and had a lot of the lake blocked off. These construction cuts outs were on the temporary walls blocking the workers - and for the most part the boys fit right into the outlines - with a little crouching on Nicholas's part :)

We went on April 22nd, and that was the day that It's a Small World opened - and it's also our wedding anniversary - so yes, I spent my wedding anniversary not with my husband, but with the boys. But it was worth it, and Johnny was with the other lady in his life - Katie.

What a fun day - even Goofy agrees that this is what birthdays are all about - fun times with my boys - I hope they still want to do this when they are teenagers!